RNC and DNC Wrap-Up
It’s Friday, which means that the two-week long heaven-or-hell (depending how you think about it) of convention season is over. We’ve given you daily wrap-ups of the Democratic and Republican National Conventions, and now it’s time for one GIANT wrap-up.
If you were living under a rock or avoided the TV and internet on purpose for the past two weeks, this one’s for you.
Here are the biggest news stories and biggest FamousDC posts from the past two weeks.
What You Missed: The RNC
- Trump received and accepted the Republican nomination for president.
- A few sections of Melania Trump’s convention speech were almost identical to a 2008 speech from First Lady Michelle Obama.
- A lot of weird items, including canned beans, were banned from the convention center.
- We drove to the RNC without killing each other over Pokemon, which is pretty big news.
- People from Cleveland are really nice.
- Despite all the insanity at the convention, everything has a positive spin!
- A lot of politicians didn’t make it to the convention. The ones who did were… familiar.
What You Missed: The DNC
- Hillary Clinton secured the Democratic nomination for president, making her the first woman to ever do so in the history of the United States.
- Bernie supporters were a rowdy bunch, chanting over speeches, staging protests, and crying (a lot).
- An email leak ousted DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and is said to be the work of Russia. Trump called on Russia to hack Hillary’s emails at a press conference this week.
- We also went to Philly… and got super, super close to jumping out of the car on the way there.
- Michelle Obama delivered the best speech of the convention.
- Hillary spoke and made us wonder, what would Bill be like as a first spouse?
- We recognized some of the speakers at the convention while we were watching Disney Channel.
- Philly is a great place for food, especially cheesesteaks.