The Third Annual Brew Across America Beer Festival in Washington, D.C., brought together members from both sides of the political aisle over beer on September 18th. Congresswoman Ann Wagner, along with the St. Louis Brewery in Missouri won the Brew Democracy Cup at the third annual Anheuser-Busch Brew Across America Beer Festival in Washington, D.C.
10 Members of Congress visited an Anheuser-Busch brewery or one of Anheuser-Busch’s craft partners in their home state and worked alongside brewmasters to create a signature beer inspired by local flavors and ingredients. The home state brews were judged by a panel of media, D.C. restaurant owners, and beer industry specialists based on five different characteristics. “I am excited to win this year’s Brew Democracy Cup with our Big House Brew, a beechwood-aged beer we brewed in St. Louis with ingredients from historic Grant’s Farm,” said Congresswoman Ann Wagner (R-MO).
The 10 participating Members of Brew Across America 2019 were:
- Rep. Ann Wagner (R-MO) and the Anheuser-Busch St. Louis Brewery
- Rep. Elaine Luria (D-VA) and the Anheuser-Busch Williamsburg Brewery
- Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) and the Anheuser-Busch Jacksonville Brewery
- Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) and Goose Island Beer Company
- Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) and Devils Backbone Brewing Company
- Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) and Four Peaks Brewing Company
- Rep. Joe Neguse (D-CO) and the Breckenridge Brew Pub
- Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) and Karbach Brewing Company
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and the Anheuser-Busch Houston Brewery
- Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) and the Anheuser-Busch St. Louis Brewery
The country’s leading brewer launched Brew Across America in 2017 and highlights the bipartisan nature of beer and its ability to foster dialogue to find common ground.