RNC Wrap-Up: Monday
Today was the first day of the Republican National Convention. In case you weren’t there, or in case you were there and can’t process the events around you, we’ve got your back. Every day, we’ll share our favorite news stories, gaffes, and tweets from the convention.
We call it The RNC Wrap-Up. (Fun and alliterative, eh?)
MONDAY IN NEWS:
- Today’s convention theme was Make America Safe Again. Headline speakers included Scott Baio, Rudy Giuliani, Rick Perry, and Melania Trump. Fun!
- Chaos erupted after anti-Trump delegates called for a roll call vote.
- Stephen Colbert crashed the main stage in the Quicken Loans Arena this morning, dressed as Caesar Flickerman, the announcer from “The Hunger Games.” Before he was escorted away, he declared the start of the “2016 Republican National Hungry For Power Games.” May the odds be ever in your favor.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd rocked it last night.
- Everyone is bumping into the Washington Post’s drone. It’s live-streaming the entire event. Check it out.
- ICYMI, 100 nude women holding mirrors protested outside the arena yesterday. At least it was warm?
TWEETS OF THE DAY:
Hillary v Trump
Taylor v Kanye
— Olivia Nuzzi (@Olivianuzzi) July 18, 2016
What time does the swimsuit competition start? #RNCinCLE
— OhNoSheTwitnt (@OhNoSheTwitnt) July 18, 2016
— Gabby Morrongiello (@gabriellahope_) July 18, 2016