Today marks day two of the Democratic National Convention, which means we’ve only got two more days to go! In case you never want this convention to end, you can return to day one with this recap.
Tuesday in News:
- Today’s theme is “A Lifetime of Fighting for Children and Families.” Speakers include former President Bill Clinton and Mothers of the Movement– a group of women whose children have died as a result of police brutality including the mothers of Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Sandra Bland, and Trayvon Martin.
- Shabooya sha sha shabooya roll call. Today, Democrats will officially make Hillary Clinton the first female presidential nominee from a major party with the roll call vote.
- Last night, First Lady Michelle Obama gave the best speech of the convention. Oh, and it was only the first night.
- A new statistic showed that there are more transgender delegates at the DNC than black delegates at the RNC.
- Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords attends a rally against gun violence
- Protesters are unwilling to rub some aloe on that Bern.
- The GOP has not yet built their wall, but they have built a ring.
- Lena Dunham, America Ferrara, and Meryl Streep want you to vote for Hillary. That’s all.
Tweets of the Day:
A Michelle Obama speech at a national convention? Sorry, Democrats, but it's been done, just last week as a matter of fact. #DemsInPhilly
— Frank Conniff (@FrankConniff) July 26, 2016
this may be the best political gif I've ever seen pic.twitter.com/uOzovzErBu
— Laura J. Nelson (@laura_nelson) July 26, 2016
It's as if these Bernie supporters only want to prove to Trump that white people can be embarrassing in plenty of other ways. #DemsInPhilly
— Louis Virtel (@louisvirtel) July 25, 2016
— Ian McKenna (@Ian_McK_) July 26, 2016