So you’re single this Valentine’s Day? Most District dwellers are. It turns out that more than 50% of adults living in D.C. are single, according to data from a recent Martin Prosperity Institute study.
With an abundance of events curated for the unattached-only crowd, D.C. tops the list of great places to spend your Valentine’s Day weekend.
Here are a few ideas of things to do.
For those NOT looking for love:
- How do cupcakes, T-Swift jams, hot chocolate, and cats – all in one evening – sound? If your answer is “like heaven,” then you should head to to Crumbs & Whiskers for their Galentine’s Day Party on February 13, from 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm. Bring your girl squad and they’ll bring their cat squad. Reserve your spot here! 3211 O Street, NW.
- Bar Pilar is serving up Anti-Valentine’s Day specials on food and sour drinks all night long. If you want to eat well while being a Valentine’s Day scrooge, this is the place to do it. 1833 14th Street, NW.
- The Daily Dish went all out and created a weekend of enjoyment for singles. The “It’s Not You, It’s Me” singles happy hour kicks off at 5:00 pm and the Anti-Valentine Dinner menu includes plates like “The Donald & Hilary Go on a Date” and “Cupid Rhymes with Stupid.” 8301 Grubb Road, Silver Spring, MD.
- On February 12 and 13, The Gryphon will be hosting a champagne open bar from 10:00 pm – 11:00 pm for ladies night. Reserve your spot here for free! 1337 Connecticut Ave, NW.
For those single and ready to mingle:
- Get in the Speed Dating game at Madhatter on February 14 for the “Be My Valentine Bash,” presented by SpeedSD Dating. The event is open to singles ages 24-39 and starts at 7:00 pm. Buy your ticket in advance here. 1319 Connecticut Ave, NW.
- Rosebar is hosting a “Pre-Valentine’s Singles Extravaganza: Speed Dating vs. Lock and Key Party” on February 12 at 7:15 pm. Tickets for the event are expected to go quickly, so snag yours here. An after-party tour of nightclubs in Dupont Circle will follow. 1215 Connecticut Ave, NW.
- The 8th Annual V.E.G.E. Party (Valentines Elephant Gift Exchange), presented by Maze of Love, will take place on February 13 from 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm. Expect games, gifts, and good drinks! Get your free ticket now – attendance is capped at 45 guests. 850 John Carlyle Street – Club Room, Alexandria, VA.
For those who believe Valentine’s Day is just an excuse to have fun:
- What could be better than enjoying a Valentine’s Day comedy show? You’ll hear comedians take the stage at the Bier Baron Tavern to tell jokes about their single lives, married lives, and divorced lives. Tickets are $5 online or at the door, and the show will start promptly at 7:30 pm. 1523 22nd Street, NW.
- Love “The Amazing Race”? We have the perfect weekend pick for you. Sign yourself up for the “Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt, Great Race, and Challenge” on February 14. The afternoon will consist of a race around Washington D.C. to hunt for unique Valentine’s Day themed items. Challenges against other participants are also part of the fun. They may involve champagne tastings, spin the bottle, or even a test of your appetite. Prizes will be awarded to top teams. Admission is $20. Meet at Ollies Trolley Restaurant at 11:00 am sharp! 425 12th Street, NW.
- Why not give a little to charity while being sexy this Valentine’s Day by registering to run in the annual “Cupid’s Undie Run” on February 13? Your registration donation will go towards fundraising for the Children’s Tumor Foundation. For every friend you register, you will receive $25 towards Valentine’s Day themed gifts, and they will receive 25% off their registration fee. Sign up now! 1720 I Street, NW.
- Hate Valentine’s Day? So do cats. Join Crumbs and Whiskers on February 14 at 6:30 pm for an “Anti-Valentine’s Day Party” with furry feline friends. Treats on the house include hot chocolate and macaroons. Tickets for this fun-filled event are limited and can be purchased online here! 3211 O Street, NW.
Who needs a Valentine when you’ve got D.C.?
Are you hosting an event that didn’t make our list? Send us a note at [email protected]