**3PM ACCUWEATHER UPDATE**
In case you need reminders as to what to do in a bad storm, we’ve created a Top 10 list.
Top 10 Storm Tips:
- Never use a generator inside the house – unless it’s not your house.
- Be sure to buy a dozen 24-packs of bottled water before noon today.
- Sandbags don’t actually work, so save yourself the trouble.
- Have the power company’s phone number handy. [This tip does not apply if you live in DC.]
- Fill up your car with gas. If you forget, siphon off the gas in your neighbor’s car.
- Leave lawn chairs in your yard – then take bets as to where they end up after the storm.
- Don’t tape your windows. That has never worked in the history of windows.
- You need more beer than you have. Trust us.
- Candles will help if the power goes out – and if you’re trying to get to the “special hour.”
- Complain about the storm recovery efforts via Twitter.
Featured photo by DCW3 via Flickr.
UPDATE: 9:51 a.m., Monday, October 29
UPDATE: 10:41 a.m.
Wait a minute, did we just find The Horseman of Hurricane Sandy?
UPDATE: 4:17 p.m.
We’ll see your shirtless horsehead jogger and raise you by one rollerblading, shirtless unicorn-head
UPDATE: 5:37 p.m.
UPDATE: 7:30 p.m. BuzzFeed is down so we decided to pick up the cat slack until they’re back up.