Famous 5: Changing Style with Christina Albina
Constantly asked “What am I going to wear!?” Christina answered a few questions for us.
Here’s what we learned over cocktails and dresses:
1. What sets Style Etoile apart?
We always want you to wear what’s comfortable; pick something in the morning that expresses your mood. You could be that jet setter one day and rocker the next. We always say fashion fads, but style is always the same.
2. What is one essential piece that you could not live without?
This (pulls out a black leather rocker jacket). Style Etoile’s all about the basics, whether that’s a well-cut blazor or another staple. Then, pair them with subtle details like this skinny leopard belt because leopard is really in this year. It’s about being a savvy shopper as well as fashionable.
3. How do you combine Style Etoile’s fashion edginess with DC’s more conservative style?
Style Etoile’s site is meant to be used for inspiration too. You can go on and see different styles and pieces, some that can be combined to create an edgy look and others that work for the office. Basically you can pick what you feel like or what look you want each day.
4. So you have to dress Michelle Obama for a Saturday night out with Mr. President – what do you choose?
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel or Smythe. I also love the Australian designers Camilla & Marc.
5. Favorite DC spot for inspiration?
Style Etoile frequently hosts happy hour and trunk shows throughout the year. Check out their site here.
Christina Albina of Style Etoile