Yawn: Meet the “Real Housewives of DC.” “Real”, as in real boring…
WaPo’s Reliable Source has the latest (photos)
We’ve got a modeling agency owner, a socialite mom, an expat, a real estate agent and, well, Michaele Salahi. We’ve written about them only a kajillion times over the past year as they’ve shown up at parties and cafes with TV cameras in tow, but let’s meet them — and the other housewives — again!
Here’s why the show will not be awesome:
– Five Housewives, zero political connections [unless you count testifying before Congress after you crashed the White House]
– They didn’t know each other before taping.
– They’ve never been hiking in Argentina.
– A few of them are old enough to have been playmates with Robert Byrd.
– We liked it the first time. When it was called the Real Housewives of New York, New Jersey, etc.
– The CDC keeps a tight lid on DC’s botox supply.
Bravo: go sell crazy somewhere else. We’re all stocked up here.