The Opening Ceremony of the 2016 Olympic Games kicks off this Friday, August 5 in Rio de Janeiro, which is basically another excuse for Americans to show their pride and drinking capabilities.
So while you watch people light the Rio Olympic Torch you too can carry a torch, for alcohol that is. With this FamousDC Bar guide, you can enjoy the games on huge flat screen TVs and drinks so good they deserve a medal.
- In case you’re FOMOing from Rio, Capitol Lounge is holding some contests of their own.
- If you can’t make the games in Rio, enjoying a Brazilian burger in DC is the next best thing.
- Be sure to get there by 5pm for drink deals including $4 rail drinks, $12.50 Bud Light pitchers, and a $5 cocktail.
- With 20 TVs around the venue, you’ll alway have a great view of the games.
- Not only will they be screening the ceremonies, but we hear a specialty martini could make an appearance as well.
- Let’s hope the USA rakes in the gold because for ever gold metal we win, Graffiato will offer $5 shooters.
- With 5 10-foot screens and 62 flat screens, you’ll be able to see the games better than most people in Rio.
- Check out their Olympic coverage here.
- With more than 41 TVs in total this bar is a no-brainer.
- They’ve got HD TV’s and a signature cocktail perfect for cheering on the USA.
- Just don’t get too caught up in their German roots.
- This is a great place to go, as long as you don’t root for the motherland.
- While Michael Phelps taps the edge of the pool you can be tapping a keg.
- With two full bars, a heated patio, and state of the art LED flat screen TVs, this bar is already a winner.
- Oh bloody hell! Looks like the USA won again.
- Nellie’s is going for the gold.
Be safe, have fun, drink like a champ, and GO USA!