There’s no denying it, 2016 is rapidly approaching. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were gearing up to ring in 2015 with a brand spanking new list of resolutions. Fast forward 12 months and here we are, still wondering what happened to all that gumption to fulfill our resolute commitments.
But the best part about a new year is that you can write that resolution list all over again, and pick and chose a new set of things you want to see happen for yourself in 2016. Of course, this is FamousDC, and what kind of New Year’s resolution list would it be if it didn’t include some local flavor? Here are a few 2016 resolutions for all you Washingtonians out there.
- Walk more, Uber less.
- Better yet, invest in a Capital Bikeshare membership and bike your way around D.C.
- Watch both the Democratic and Republican Debates throughout the year.
- Go to the National Cherry Blossom Festival and avoid getting angry about all the crowds ruining your Instagram.
- Avoid riding the DC Streetcar at all costs.
- Stop talking smack on Soul Cycle, Cross Fit, Barre, and other cult workout regimes until you actually try them.
- Actually take time to visit more of the incredible museums D.C. has to offer.
- Stop complaining about the metro.
- Stop complaining about how the whole city shuts down when it snows.
- Stop complaining about living the District altogether.
- Try ice-skating at least once at the Sculpture Garden Ice Rink. Try to avoid breaking any bones.
- This summer, think less about the heat and humidity in the District and think more about how to take advantage of all the awesome outdoor activities.
- Make friends that care nothing for politics so that your brain can rest for a while.
- Visit the food festivals and farmer’s markets that happen in D.C. every weekend.
- Sign up for the Famous Friday Round Up.