Farmers markets can be tricky. Everything is bountiful, local, and in its prime.
Produce becomes irresistible and junk food unfathomable: “I’m going to eat fresh and local all week!,” your inner monologue proclaims, giddily. By the time reality sinks in, it’s too late. You’ve lugged several reusable grocery bags bursting with produce home. What exactly were you going to do with that bushel of squash? And what the heck is a bushel anyway? We’ve all been there. Put that farmers market bounty to good use.
Photo credit: Jeanine and Jack
These recipes will have you plowing through all the summer produce you can handle.
- Grilled Peach Salad with Mint and Basil Pesto via Love & Lemons
- Spicy Zucchini Frittata via The Bitten Word
- Tomato Cobbler with Blue Cheese Biscuits via Joy the Baker
- Blackberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake via Pastry Affair
- Zucchini Cilantro Soup with Chile and Mint via The Bojon Gourmet
- Corn Chowder without Cream via Big Girls Small Kitchen
Have a recipe you’d like to see featured? Email Recipe Round-Up suggestions to [email protected].