Photo credit: National Watermelon Promotion Board
The 4th of July is here, and you know what that means: grill baby, grill. Burgers, chicken, ribs (dare we say veggie dogs?) — all gorgeously charred and slathered in barbecue sauce. But what of that other summer treat? Every good American knows watermelon is a MUST when it comes to barbecue feasts and fireworks. Ice cold and perfectly sweet, watermelon is summertime at its best.
- Watermelon Mint Julep via A Cozy Kitchen
- Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Salad via Joy the Baker
- Watermelon Smoothie with Jalapeño via Green Lemonade
- Watermelon Salsa via The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Watermelon Gin Punch via Someone Left the Cake Out in the Rain
Lastly, no celebration is complete without a watermelon keg. Giddy UP.