Our friend Michael O’Brien, the gentleman who heads up The Hill’s latest interactive portal, [The Twitter Room] has wasted little time attracting new visitors. [give him a pay raise] He’s also wasted little time plugging his own work [which we respect ]. We do however, offer Mr. O’Brien a few tips when it comes to self-promotion.
The Top 5 Rules of Shameless Self-Promotion
1. Understand who’s promoting you and make sure they’re stable.
2. Never misspell shamless shameless when plugging your own work.
3. Check all other plugs before you choose just one. [smart move :)]
4. When baiting a site [see below], keep in mind when they respond to your post, they’ll likely do so by referencing the word douchebag at least once.
5. When mentioning sites like FDC, make sure they appear in your blog roll.
Seriously: If you haven’t already, check out the Twitter Room . It might not change your walk, but it is a great place to get a glimpse at some of the best political tweeting found under one roof.